Moisture Meter - Pin & Pinless Protimeter Surveymaster Detector - BLD5365
Protimeter Surveymaster Moisture Meter Is Two Meters In One!
Protimeter Surveymaster is the first and best-selling dual-function, versatile pin and pinless moisture meter combination instrument.
Designed for easy, one-handed operation to measure moisture in buildings and other related structures both at and below the surface.
The ability to use both functions to instantly determine the potential evidence of excessive moisture makes this Protimeter Surveymaster BLD5365 ideal for many applications including:
Building Survey - Fire and Flood Restoration - Concrete and Wood Floor Moisture Measurement - Indoor Air Quality - Environmental Health
The Protimeter Surveymaster BLD5365 Can Help Building Professionals
- Identify the extent of moisture penetration issues
- Diagnose the cause of the problem
- Monitor change in the moisture level
Protimeter Surveymaster Moistue Meter Features and Benefits:
- Rugged construction
- Large backlit display
- Pin moisture measurement
- Non-invasive measurement up to ¾” (20mm) below the surface
- Wide range of accessory plug-ins
- Allows rapid assessment of building moisture
- Instant readings in a wide range of building materials
- Non-invasive measurement not adversely affected by surface moisture
Protimeter SurveyMaster Kit BLD5365 Includes:
- SurveyMaster Moisture Meter
- Heavy Duty Two Pin Moisture Probe and Lead BLD5060
- Calcheck Device BLD5086
- Deep Wall Probes BLD5018
Search Mode—Non-Invasive Pinless Moisture Search
The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends on the density and other characteristics of the material being measured. When held against the surface, as shown below, the instrument transmits a signal into the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights.
This measurement presentation helps the user to:
- Look for moisture behind wall and floor coverings, such as tile and vinyl. Assess, in relative terms, if the material is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
- Map the extent of the problem numerically.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture at depth where moisture is not always directly visible—up to 3/4 in. below the surface.
- This mode of measurement is not adversely affected by the presence of surface moisture.
Protimeter Surveymaster Applications: Shower pans, behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, joists, around toilets, drywall, below grade floors and walls, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block.
Measure Mode -- Pin-Type
This mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface and at incremental depth, when used with the auxiliary probes. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes. The actual moisture content of wood is shown on the digital display with the corresponding moisture condition shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) values are shown for other non-conductive, porous building materials.
- Pin-type probes measure moisture in wood and other building materials (use provided wood species calibration chart for more precise readings)
- Deep wall probes establish the presence of moisture in wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
Applications: Wood and wood floors, subfloors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and EIFS.
Click Here to See User's Manual
Protimeter Surveymaster Optional Accessories:
Exterior Insulation and Finished Systems (EIFS) probe finds moisture in exterior insulation finishing systems EIFS Moisture Probe BLD5070
Hammer electrode for wood floor applications Hammer Electrode BLD5055
All Protimeter instruments have a two-year warranty.