Protimeter Moisture Meter Measurement System MMS2 BLD8800-S - Basic Survey
The All In One Instrument for Moisture, Temperature, Humidity, and Dew Point - Protimeter Moisture Measurement System
Protimeter's Moisture Meter and Measurement System makes this instrument ideal for many applications including:
- Building surveys
- Fire and flood restoration
- Concrete floor moisture measurement
- Indoor air quality
- Environmental health
Protimeter’s Moisture Meter Measurement System MMS2 Offers These Great Benefits:
- Full building moisture diagnostics in one easy to use instrument
- No need to plug in multiple accessories
- Intuitive user interface with color screen
- Data logging
- Firmware upgradeable
- Psychometric calculations
Four-In-One Moisture Measurement System:
Measure Mode (pin type moisture measurement) diagnoses the extent of moisture intrusion for damage assessment and allows monitoring of drying out of building structures.
- Use built-in pin or plug in the heavy duty moisture probe for measuring in hard-to-reach areas
- Use deep wall pin-type probes to measure moisture in walls, wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
Search Mode (non-invasive moisture measurement) locate moisture behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, wood, drywall, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block.
- Non-invasive pin less radio frequency finds moisture up to 3/4 in (19 mm) below surface
- Search mode not adversely affected by surface moisture
Hygrometry measures or monitors buildings for adequate ventilation affecting indoor air quality and moisture problems.
- Measures relative humidity and temperature, dew point and surface temperature, surface proximity to dew point (condensation) and grains per pound, as well as multiple psychometric calculations
- Allows measurement of equipment such as dehumidifiers
- Measures equilibrium relative humidity in concrete floors using the in situ probe method
- Use to detect conditions for mold and fungus growth, that can lead to unhealthy living conditions
Surface Temperature (IR) checks surface temperature, utilizing laser pointer, calculates proximity to dew point.
Record readings instantly at the push of a button and continuously log when left on site. When concise and accurate environmental readings need to be reported, the MMS Plus gets the job done!
The MMS2 measures the different parameters in a building's room temperature, room humidity, building material moisture, surface moisture and surface temperature (contact and non-contact method). To measure all the above mentioned parameters, the MMS2 uses different sensors, along with a variety of accessories for convenient measurements.
Click Here to See User's Manual
HUMIDITY PROBE OPTIONS
The MMS Plus may be used with three styles of interchangeable humidity probes, the Hygrostick, Quikstick and Quikstick ST.
The Hygrostick (grey POL4750) can be used for high moisture applications such as concrete measurement.
Quikstick ST (POL78751), standard with all MMS2 kits matches the performance of the standard Quikstick. The Quikstick ST can remain connected to the MMS 2 while using the pins.
Quikstick (black POL8750) is a general purpose, fast-responding full range sensor.
CONCRETE FLOOR MOISTURE MEASUREMENT
MMS2 can be used for measuring equilibrium relative humidity directly in concrete slabs. Protimeter pioneered this more accurate method, which includes drilling holes in the concrete, inserting a humidity sleeve and measuring the equilibrium humidity in the concrete. If excessive moisture is found, simply replace the sleeve cap for future retesting. This method also permits normal construction without disturbing the test surface.
A small hole is drilled in the concrete. Next, a humidity sleeve is inserted and capped flush with the floor. The relative humidity of the air in the test hole is now at the same moisture level as the concrete around it. Flooring product manufacturers normally recommend RH readings between 75% and 85% depending on the permeability of the product being installed.
Readings from multiple Hygrosticks can be taken and recorded with ease. Humidity readings can be taken with the use of humidity sleeves or humidity box. Hygrosticks, not Humisticks, should be used for this test.
Warranty: 24 months on mechanical and manufacture defects. Does not include wearing parts or accessories.