Anemometer/Thermometer - Hot Wire Data Logger with SD Card
The #HWA4214SD anemometer-thermometer can measure and log the output of exhaust fans and blowers.
Market price: $499.00, you save $49.90
Hot Wire Anemometer-Thermometer w/Excel-Formatted Data Logging SD Card HWA4214SD
Compared to other types of anemometers, hot wire anemometers have superior performance. Used for precise measurement of low-speed air flows, turbulent flows, or of any flow in which rapid velocity fluctuations are of interest. (See Below For Available Accessories)
General Tools Hot Wire Air FLow Meter Accurately Measures Air (Wind) Speeds As Low As 0.5 mph and Air Temperatures within ±1.5°F (± 0.8°C)
Hot Wire Anemometer-Thermometer Applications:
- Environmental testing
- Maintenance and repair of air conveyors and flow hoods in clean rooms
- Calibrating low-speed fans and blowers
- Balancing velocity profiles in furnaces and refrigerated cases
- Precision calibration of HVAC/R systems
Digital Temperature & Air Flow Meter Specifications:
Embedded Microcontroller: Custom one-chip LSI device
Display Type: LCD with green backlight
Display Size: 2.05 x 1.5 in.
Parameters Measured: Air speed, temperature
Response Time: 3 times a second.
Sampling time 0,1,2,5,10,60,120,300,600,1800 or 3600 sec.
For air speed: 0.2 to 25 m/sec, 0.7 to 172 km/hr, 0.5 to 44.7 mph, 0.4 to 38.8 knots, 40 to 3940 ft/min
For temperature: 32° to 122°F
For air speed: ± (5% + 0.1 m/sec), ± (5% + 0.3 km/hr), ± (5% + 0.2 mph), ± (5% + 0.2 knots), ± (5% + 20 ft/min)
For temperature: ± 1.5°F (± 0.8°C)
For air speed: 0.01 m/sec (0.2 to 5.0 m/sec), 0.1 m/sec (5.1 to 25.0 m/sec); 0.01 km/hr (0.7 to 18 km/hr), 0.1 km/hr (18 to 72 km/hr); 0.01 mph (0.5 to 11.20 mph), 0.1 mph (11.2 to 44.7 mph); 0.01 knot (0.4 to 9.7 knots), 0.1 knot (9.7 to 38.8 knots); 1 ft/min (40 to 3940 ft/min)
For temperature: 0.1° F or C
Data Logging Sampling Time: 1 second to 1 hour
Settable Parameters: Date, time, auto power off, beep sound, sampling time, decimal point or comma decimal division, temperature unit, air speed unit, optional thermocouple type (K or J) Storable/Recallable Readings: Maximum, minimum<
SD Card Capacity: 1 GB to 16 GB
Operating Temperature: 32° to 122°F
Operating Relative Humidity: 0 to 85%
Power Supply: Six Alkaline “AA” batteries or optional 9-VDC AC adapter
30 mADC (normal operation, with backlight off and SD card not saving data)
50 mADC (with backlight on and card saving data) Dimensions of Instrument: 7.99 x 2.99 x 1.50 in.
Weight of Instrument: 1.13 lb.
Dimensions of Probe: 0.4724 in. (diameter) x 11.02 in.(collapsed)/37 in.(extended)
Why Excel-formatted SD cards are a breakthrough in data logging technology:
- No muss. Unlike data loggers that use an RS-232 interface, General’s SD card instruments don’t require the end user to buy, stock and connect cables.
- No fuss. They also don’t require the user to add multiple jumpers between cable connectors to set up a serial communications link via RS-232. Adding even one jumper takes time and makes connections prone to failure.
- No software. General’s SD instruments don’t even need software. The automatically store the data they capture in a format readable by Microscoft’s Excel spreadsheet program. Any computer equipped with Excel will automatically display – as a table or graph – the data logs on an SD card inserted into it.
- No limits. SD cards are now available in capacities up to 32 GB. They’re not just a high-capacity storage medium, but a removable one as well. And because they’re solid-state, SD cards are inherently more reliable than rotating electromagnetic media like CD’s or DVD’s.
- No waste. Because the SD cards are removable, they’re portable. Once you’re done uploading the data logs on an SD card to your computer, you can erase the card and use it again – with the same SD card instrument or a different one.
Anemometer Available Accessories:TPK05 - K Type Thermocouple Temperature Probe -40° to 1562°F
P4214SD - Telescoping Replacement Probe For Available - ( Call For Pricing)
Air Speed Range40 to 3940 ft/min
Airflow Measurement Accuracy± (5% + 0.1 m/sec)
Temperature Measure Range32° to 122°F
ManufacturerGeneral Tools and Instruments
Dimensions8 x 3 x 1.5 in.
Product Weight1.13 lbs.
Power Source6 AA batteries
WarrantyOne year warranty
SD Card Capacity1 GB to 16 GB
LCD size1.5 x 2.0 in. (38 x 52mm)