Radon Gas Monitor - Pro Series 3 Radon Gas Detector
Quit wasting your money on canisters and having to wait for test results
The Safety Siren Pro Series 3 Radon Gas Detector plugs into any standard household outlet using the attached power cord. Results are displayed on the digital display via continuous monitoring.
Safety Siren Pro Series 3 Radon Gas Detector Features:
- Numeric LED display range of .1 to 999.9 shows the level of radon gas in pCi/L.
- Short-term reading displays the average radon levels over the past 7 days.
- Long-term reading displays the average radon levels since powered-up or last reset with a maximum reading time of 5 years.
- For short-term and long-term readings, samples need to be taken for 48 hours before an accurate reading can be displayed.
- Audible alarm sounds if the long-term average reaches 4 pCi/L or greater or the short-term average stays above 4 pCi/L for 30 consecutive days.
- Samples air continuously with the display updated every hour.
- Conducts a fail safe self-test every 24 hours with an error code displayed if there is a failure.
- 10 foot power cord allows user to locate detector away from walls, windows and doors.
- Accuracy: +/- 20% or 1 pCi/L which ever is greater
- Size: 4.7" x 3.1" x 2.1"
- One year warranty.
Menu button controls four functions.
1. Switch between the short-term and long-term display, indicated by a green LED illuminated next to the S or L .
2. Conduct a manual test of the detector.
3. Mute or reactivate the audible alarm if the detector is in an alarm state.
4. Clear and reset the memory of the detector to begin new readings.
The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Only cigarette smoking causes more lung cancer deaths.
Radon levels in a home can vary greatly over a one-month period going from safe levels to dangerous levels and back to safe.
The EPA currently states that corrective action should be taken if Radon levels exceed 4 pCi/L (4 pico-Curies per liter) on a long-term basis.
Radon gas is impossible to detect without the use of sensitive test equipment.
The Safety Siren Pro Series 3 Radon Gas Detector is the only radon gas detector on the market designed for use by the homeowner. This detector allows the homeowner to monitor the radon levels in their home by displaying short-term and long-term averages.
The Safety Siren Pro Series 3 Radon Gas Detector is Not Available For Sale To Iowa & New Jersey Residents.