Sewer Camera: Video Scope with 5.5mm Waterproof Camera Tipped Probe
Articulating Inspection Camera ideal for plumbing related applications such as the inspection of drains, sewers pipes and water lines.
Sewer Camera Video Scope is also useful for boat owners and marine maintenance personnel for inspecting parts of boats, ships, or bridges just below the surface.
General Tools DCS665-ART system is not 100% watertight because the probe’s mechanical articulation control mechanism has air gaps that leave it vulnerable to penetration by water.
The DCS665ART's probe P605-1ART is water proof though, IP67 rated for protection against the effects of immersion in water to depth between 15 cm and 1 meter.
The P605-1ART probe is 5.5mm (0.22 in.) in diameter and 1m (3.3 ft.) long, with a close-focus depth of field of 1.2 to 2.4 in. (30 to 60mm). Its tip can be articulated (bent) ±90° to inspect targets off the probe’s main axis.
Operated in real-time video mode, the DCS665ART uses only three of the five control buttons to execute five functions making it very easy to learn to use:
- Powering on/off
- 1 to 4X zoom
- Increasing and decreasing brightness
- Inverting the field of view
Video within the probe’s field of view is displayed on a large, crystal-clear 3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal color LCD. Videos can be viewed on an NTSC- or PAL-format television by using the included A/V cable.
The Sewer Camera Video Scope’s recording capabilities make it possible to document—with high-resolution videos and images - what the probe “sees.”
Store either a still image or an AVI video on a 4GB Micro SD memory card supplied with the system. View (play back) recorded images and videos on the unit’s LCD.
Recorded images and videos can also be viewed on a laptop or desktop PC screen by transferring the SD card to the PC or by connecting the scope to the PC via the included USB cable.
Sewer Camera Video Scope Features:
- Includes a 5.5mm (0.22 in.) diameter x 1m (3.3 ft.) long articulating close-focus soft metal probe with camera lit by four adjustable-brightness LEDs.
- 3.5 in. (89mm) color LCD makes videos and images large and crystal-clear
- Video shown on LCD can be inverted 180° and/or zoomed up to 4X
- Video Out jack for connection to NTSC or PAL television
- Records high-resolution videos and still images with date and time stamps on Micro SD memory card
- Recorded media can be played back on monitor, or uploaded to a PC via Micro SD card or USB cable for viewing on a larger screen
- Selectable video frame rate
- 30-minute Auto Power Off (APO) function extends batteries' life
- Delete files individually or in bulk
- Choice of five menu languages
Sewer Camera Waterproof Video Scope Specifications:
Type / Diameter / Length: Articulating close-focus soft metal / 5.5mm (0.22 in.) / 3.3 ft. (1m)
Probe Articulation Angle: ±90° or more
Probe Minimum Bending Radius: 1.77 in. (45mm)
Camera Field of View: 54°
Camera Depth of Field: 1.2 to 2.4 in. (30 to 60mm)
Camera and Recording Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)
Camera Light Source: 4 white LEDs
Sewer Camera Waterproof Video Scope Console:
Display Type/Size Color: TFT/3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal
Display Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA)
Video Out Cable Length: 59 in. (1.5m)
Power Consumption: 400mA max @ 6VDC
Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°F (-10° to 50°C)@15 to 85% RH
Dimensions of Grip and Console: 4.1 x 7.0 x 5.3 in. (104 x 178 x 135mm)
Powered by four “AA” batteries (not included)
Sewer Camera Waterproof Video Scope Includes:
- Custom Hard Plastic Carrying Case
- The articulating probe's control mechanism (the black ball controller) is positioned in the upper right corner of the case. (When re-packing the system, be sure to place the ball in that corner of the case.)
- Pistol grip permanently connected to an LCD monitor, and a 1m long, 5.5mm diameter soft metal articulating camera-tipped probe.
- 4GB Micro SD memory card
- USB cable with a mini B-type plug at one end and an A-type (full-size) plug at the other
- A composite (A/V) cable with a black mini-plug on one end and a yellow RCA plug on the other
- User’s manual