V-Watch Personal Voltage Detector - VWS-20
The next generation V-Watch® Personal Voltage Detector provides an extra level of safety by detecting and alerting you to the presence of electrical fields or energized electrical equipment.
V-Watch Personal Voltage Detector
- Alerts user to the proximity of high voltage with a loud alarm and bright lights.
- Provides another level of safety for line crews, storm restoration workers and first responders.
- Frequency of alarm increases as the user gets closer to the electrical hazard.
- Typical initial warning distance is about 7 feet (2.13 m) from a 4kVAC conductor and warning distance increases with higher voltages.
- Lightweight detector with a rugged protective housing.
- Built-in self test.
- Low battery indicator; uses 3 field replaceable AAA batteries in a sealed compartment.
The all new V-Watch Detector design features:
- A loud alarm and bright flashing lights that are both directed upwards toward the user for high awareness and visibility.
- A slim housing with built in lanyard, offering a compact and
- Automatic self-test when the unit is activated for detection of voltage.
- Rugged design protects against environmental extremes such as water, dust and temperature.
DimensionsClosed: 5.53 x 3.54 x 1.42 in. / Open: 6.29 x 3.54 x 1.42 in.
Power SourceAAA batteries
Voltage Range2400VAC and above Will only detect AC voltage. Do not use below 2400 volts line-to-ground
Typical Warning DistanceAbout 7 ft (2.13 m) from a 4kV (2.4kV line-to-ground) AC conductor (see manual for details)
Operating Frequency50/60 Hz
Weight With Batteries7.97 oz (226g)
Beeper Sound Pressure Level100 db
Battery LifeLife two years in storage, six months of continuous use
Operating Temperature Range-20ºF to +120ºF (-29°C to +49°C)
04/18/2022, 11:48 AM
On the voltage detector is there one available for dc voltage up to 1000 v?04/18/2022, 12:00 PM
They do not make one unfortunately.