Carbon Monoxide

Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detector at the End Of Day Light Savings Time

What is carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas.  Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home.

At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure. (excerpt from the EPA)

Carbon Monoxide poisoning is becoming more and more prevalent each year.

How is Carbon Monoxide produced?

Carbon monoxide is produced by furnaces and other devices that burn gas, petroleum products, wood and other fuels.  Sometimes carbon monoxide can accumulate to dangerous levels in your car, home or other poorly ventilated areas.

What can we do to prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

In this case, early detection is key.  Making sure that your house is safe is very cost effective, and as we have already shown, a life saving action. There are several great detectors on the market that are low cost and can detect even the slightest traces of Carbon Monoxide.

To view our carbon monoxide detectors click on this link